ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD 271 BUSINESS PARK 6TH FLOOR MODEL INDUSTRIAL COLONY GOREGAON EAST MUMBAI 400063
Crotamiton 0.5%w/w + Anion active matter 18%w/w+ salicylic acid 3%w/w per gram shampoo,
|0.5%+18%+ 3% sham||0.00||60ml shampoo|
List of Related Indications:
List Of Drugs:
- Crotamiton - @ Scabicide
Indication Type Description:
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc
Pregnancy and lactation
Eradication of scabies
Irritation,sensitive reactions, pallor and cyanosis and excessive application.
Acute exudative dermatitis
Do not use on fresh inflammed weeping skin disorders which call for moist treatment
Do not use on extensive areas in infants
Avoid eyes , mouth, and broken skin
Should not be applied to eye, mouth other mucous membranes or on excoriated skin. Discontinue if severe irritation or sensitization occurs.
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc:
Eradication of scabies
Throughly massage into the skin of the whole body .
Second applicationn advisable after 24 hours.
EVIDENCE BASED MEDICINE ( MIMS -April 2003)
Treatment of Scabies
Comparative effectiveness of various interventions
1. Permethrin - cure rate of about 90%
Likely to be beneficial
2. Benzyl benzoate - cure rate of about 50 percent
3. Oral ivermectin
4. Sulphur compounds
Trade-off between benefits and harms
1. Gamma benzene hexachloride (lindane)
1. One systemic review of mainly small randomised clinical trials has found that topical permethrine and gamma benzene hexachloride has been linked to rare reports of serious side effects
2. There is limited evidence that crotamiton is safe but less effective than permethrine
3. There is insuffcient evidence on the effects of other topical agents (malathion, benzyl benzoate, and sulphur compounds). On the basis of case series, malathion acheived 80% cure rates but its safety has not been established
4. There is insufficient evidence on the effects of oral invercetin. It s known to be safe in adults based on the experience of its use in onchocerciaciasis, but its safety in elderly and children is uncetain
1. Shake well before use.
2. Patients with scabies should take a routine bath or shower.
3. Change clothing and bed linen the next day. Contaiminated bed linen and clothing may be washed in the hot cycle of washing machine.
4. Keep away from the eyes and mucous membranes. Do not apply to inflamed skin.
5. Discontinue use and notify physician, if irritation occurs.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Contraindicated Use with caution