Beclometh dpr 100mcg, Salbuamol sul 200mcg ROTACAPS,
List of Related Indications:
- Long term managmt of asthma
List Of Drugs:
- Beclomethasone - @ Inhaled Steroids- (FDC -List)- (Apr 1974)
Indication Type Description:
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc
Pregnancy and lactation
Improves respiratory function when used with a bronchodialator.
Risk of additsonian crisis if oral steroids suddenly replaced by inhaled preparation. Hoarseness(occassionally).
Monilia infection of throat and mouth (occassional) HPA axis supression, pulmonary infiltrates, suppress bone metabolism.
Dermal thinning, telengectasia and striae (espl face, eyelids & flexures). Perioral dermatitis. Systemic absorption on prolonged use over large area.
increased intraocular pressure,glaucoma, and catarat.
- Primary treatment of status asthmaticus or other acute asthmatic episodes requiring intensive measures. Hypersens to ingredients.
- Special precautions:
- In patients transferred from systemic corticosteroids to beclomethasone & patients suffering from adrenal insuffciency, localised fungal infections of allergic conditions.
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc:
Date of Approval 1974
Inflammatory disorders Asthma prophylaxis
Adults inhalation- 2 inhalations (84mcg) 3 or 4 times daily
Children(6 to 12 years) 1 or 2 inhalations(42 to 84mcg) 3 or 4 times a day..
Corticosteroids Inhalational - Includes - Beclomethasone,Budesonide , Dexamethasone, Flunisolide, Triamcinolone
Refer - Beclomethasone
1. Do not exceed the recommended dosage
2. May cause irritation and drying of nasal mucosa. Contact physician if symptoms do not improve, if the condition worsens or if sneezing or nasal irritation occurs.
3. Clear nasal pasage of secretions prior to use. If nasal passages are blocked, use a decongestant just before administration to ensure adequate penetration of the spray.
4. Effects are not immediate.benefits requires regular use and usually occurs within a few days.
5.Allergy- Tell your doctor if you are allergic or unusual reactions to corticosteroids or any food substances such as preservatives, dyestuffs etc.
6.Pregnancy- When used in regular daily doses during pregnancy to keep mothers asthma under control, these medicines have not been repored to cause breathing defects or birth defects in the baby.
7. Breast feeding- . Mothers who are using this medicine and who wish to breast-feed should discuss this with their doctor.
8. Children- Inhalation corticosteroids have been tested in children in low effective doses and have not be shown to cause different side effects or problems than they do in adults. Children who are using ihaled steroids in large does should notbe exposed tochicken pox or measles. .
9. Older adults- Although there is no specific information comparing use of inhaled corticosteroids in the elderly, with use in other age groups, this medicine is not expected to cause different side effects than they do youger adults.
10. Other medicines- Tell your doctor if you are taking any other OTC medicines
11. Other medical problems- Tell your doctor if you are having any other medical problems especialy - Osteoporsis- inhaled steroids in high doses may make this condition worse in women who are past menopause and who are not receiving an estrogen replacement. 12. Dosing- Follow the instructions of your doctor
13. Missed dose- If you miss your dose take it as soon as possible. Then use any remaining dose for the day at regularly spaced intervals.
14.Storage- Keep out of reach of children Store away from direct sunlght Do not store the capsule form of this medicine in the bath room, under the kitchen sink or in any damp places Moisture may cause the medicine to break down Keep the aerosol or suspesioform from getting too cold or freezing Do not puncture , break or burn the aerosol container even after it is empty.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Topical application of recommended dose is unlikely to acheive significant systemic levels: however, use these agents during prenancy only if potential benefits outweigh the potential hazards to the fetus.
Carefully observe infants born of mothers who have received substantial doses of corticosteroids during prenancy for signs of adrenal insufficiency.
Advise mothers taking pharmacologic doses not to nurse. Dexamethsone appears in breast milk and could suppress growth.
Beclomethasone, budesonide, flunisolide, triamcinolone- not known whether these drugs are excreted in breast milk.
Use caution while administering to nursing mothers.