Latanoprost 50mcg, Timolol 5mg, Benzalkonium chloride 0.04% per ml drops,
|50mcg+5mg+o.o4%||520.00||2.5ml Eye drops|
List of Related Indications:
- Ocular hypertension
- Open angle glaucoma
- Reduc in intra-ocular pressure (IOC)
List Of Drugs:
- Latanoprost-@Glaucoma-Prostaglandin agonist- (FDC - List )- (1998)
Indication Type Description:
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc
Pregnancy and lactation
In vivo studies have shown that precipitation occurs when eye drops containing thiomerosal are mixed with latanoprost.
If such drugs are used administer with an interval of at least minutes between applications.
Common systemic adverse events seen with latanoprtost were upper respiratory tract infection/cold/flu. pain in muscle/joint/back, chest pain/angina pectoris.
Hypersens to the drug
Special precautions: Cornea, bacterial keratitis.
Contact lens- do not administer while wearing contact lenses
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc:
Open angle glaucoma
Dosage- One drop in the affected eye once daily in the evening Latanoprost may used concomittantly with other topical products to lower IOP.
1. Advise patients about the possibility of iris color change because of an increase of the brown pigment and resultant cosmetically different eye coloration that may occur.
2. Remove contact lens prior to admin. Com\ntact lens may be reinserted after 15 minutes following latanoprost admin.
3. If more than one topical opthalmic drug is being used, administer the drugs at least 5 minutes apart.
Latanoprost is a prostaglandin analog that is beleved to reduce the IOP by increasing the outflow of aqueous humor.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Use only if required
Excercise caution while administering latanoprost to nursing mothers.