Chlorbutol 0.5%w/v Eye drops, Cyclopentolate 1%,
|1%+0.5 w/v||51.00||5ml Eye drops|
List of Related Indications:
- Mydriatic agnt in ophthal exam
List Of Drugs:
- Cyclopentolate @ - Cycloplegic mydriatic
Indication Type Description:
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc
Interaction with Food
Pregnancy and lactation
Cycloplegic mydriatic include- Atripine sulphate, homatropine Hbr, Scoplolamine Hbr, Cyclopentolate,Tropicamide Refer - Homotropine Hbr
Local irritation, hyperaemia, oedema, conjuntivitis, increased intraocular pressure (may precipitate narrow angle glaucoma) systemic anticholinergic effects, severe CNS disturbances in children(rare).
Narrow angle glaucoma, hypersensitivity.
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc:
For mydriasis and cycloplegia in diagnostic procedures
Instil one drop of solution followed by second drop in 5 to 10 minutes. Solution is normally 0.5%.
1. Allergies- Tell your doctor if you have ever had any unusual or allergic raections to cyclopentolate or other related medicines. Also tell your doctor if youn are allergic to any other substances such as foods, preservatives or dyes.
2. Pregnancy- studies in pregnancy have not been done in either humans or animals
3. Breast feeding- cyclopentolate has not been reported to cause problems in nursing babies
4. Children- infants and young children with blond hair or blue eys may be especially sensitive to the effects of cyclopentolate. May increase the chance of side effects during treatment
5. Elderly- elderly people are especially sensitive to effects of cyclopentolate. May increase the chance of side effects.
6. Other medicines- tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following- other prescription or non-prescription drugs
7. O1.ther medical problems- tell your doctor if you have any other medical problems- Brain damage ( in children ) or Downs syndrome in children or Glaucoma or Spastic paralysis ( in children ) cyclopentolate may make the condition worse.
8. Missed dose- If you miss a dose of this medicine take it as soon as possible. However if it is almost time for your next dose go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
Interaction with Food:
Pregnancy and lactation: