ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD 271 BUSINESS PARK 6TH FLOOR MODEL INDUSTRIAL COLONY GOREGAON EAST MUMBAI 400063
Carbimazole 5mg/10mg/20mg tablets,
|5mg/10mg/20mg tabs||0.00||10s tablets|
List of Related Indications:
List Of Drugs:
- Carbimazole @ Anti-thyroid substance
Indication Type Description:
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc
Thyroid Hormones include
natural and synthetic derivatives.
The natural products , desiccated thryroid and thyroglobulin are derived from beef or pork Synthetic derivatives include Levothyroxine , Liothyroxine and Liotrix.
Increased sensitivity to warfarin in hyperthyroidism and careful control required as patient rendered eythyroid.
Thyroid Hormones include
natural and synthetic derivatives. The natural products , desiccated thryroid and thyroglobulin are derived from beef or pork Synthetic derivatives include Levothyroxine , Liothyroxine and Liotrix.
Refer Thyroglobulin Tyrotoxicosis
Mild leucopenia. sore throat, rarely chloestatic juandice.
Nephrotic syndrome and insulin auto-immune sydrome (circulating antibidies to insulin & fasting hypoglycaemia), nausea, loss of taste, headache, arthalgia, alopecia and urticaria(self limiting).
Lactation, de-quervain's thyroiditis, post partum painless hyroiditis.
Hyperthyroidism due to nodular goitre.
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc:
initially 15- 60mg daily in divided doses dependening on severity
maint - 5-15mg daily for 6 -18mg months
children- initially 15mg daily in divided doses
1. Replacement therapy is to be taken for life, except in cases of transcient hypothyroidism, usually associated with thyroditis, and in those receiving a trial of the drug.
2. Take a single daily dose preferably before breakfast
3. Brand interchange- Do not change from one brand of this drug to another without consulting your pharmacist or physician. Products manufactured by different companies may not be equally effective.
4. Do not discontinue medication except on advice of a physician
5. Notify physician if headache, nervousness, diarrhea, excessive sweating heat intolerance, chest pain, increased pulse rate, palpitations(symptoms of hyperthyroidism) or any usual event occurs
6. Partial loss of hair may be experienced by children in the first few months of therapy, but this usually a transcient phenomenon that result in later recovery
7. Not for use as primary or adjunctive therapy in a weight control program
8. If levothyroxine is taken on an empty stomach, absorption is increased.