Nylidrin Hcl. 6mg.,
List of Related Indications:
- Peripheral vascular disorders
- Cerebral Vasodilator
- Raynaud's phenomenon
- Loss of memory
- Congnitive dysfunction
- Cold feet & cold hands
List Of Drugs:
- Nylidrin hydrochloride - @ Peripheral vasodilators
Indication Type Description:
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc
Interaction with Food
Pregnancy and lactation
Peripheral vascular disease.
MI,hyperthyroidism,paroxymal tachycardia,severe angina.
Peptic ulcers,tachyarrthmias,uncompensated CCF.
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc:
Peripheral vascular disease.
3 to 12mg 3 or 4 times a day.
NYLIDRIN PERIPHERAL VASODILATORS
1.May cause dizziness(orthostatic hypotension). Avoid sudden changes in posture. Observe caution while driving or performing other tasks requiring alertness.
2. May cause trembling,nervousness,weakness,nausea or vomiting. Notify physician if these symptoms become severe or if palpitation occurs.
3. Allergy- Tell your doctor if you had any unusal reactions to nylidrin or food substances, preservatives, dyestuufs etc.
4. Pregnacy- Studies on effects in pregnancy not been done in humans or animals.
5. Breast feeding- Not known whether nylidrin pass into breast milk. Mothers who are taking this medicine and who wish to breast feed should discuss with their doctor.
6. Other adults- Not specific information comparing use of nylidrin in the elderly with use in other age groups. Nylidrin may reduce tolerance to lower temperature in elderly patients
7. Other medicines- Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicines or OTC medicines or if you smoke.
8. Other medical problems- Tell your doctor if you are having any other medical problems especially- Angina or Fast heart beat or Over active thyroid or Stomach ulcer - Nyldrin may make these conditions worse.
9. Dosing- Follow doctors instructions
10. Missed dose- If you miss a dose of this medicine take it as soon as possible. However, it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to normal schedule. Do not double doses.
11. Storage- Keep the medicines our of reach of children Store the medicines away heat and direct light Do not store tablets or capsules in the bath room, in damp places near the kitchen sink Heat and dampness will cause the medicines to break down Do not store out dated medicines or medicines no longer needed. Make sure that all discared medicines are kept out of reach of children
Nylidrin acts by beta adrenrgic stimulation to dilate arterioles in skeletal muscle and increase cardiac output. It may also have a direct action on vascular smooth muscle. Effects on cutaneous blood flow are negligable.
Nylidrin is readily absorbed from the GI tract. Pharmacologic effects begin in about 10 minutes, peak in about 30 minutes and last about 2 hours.
Interaction with Food:
Pregnancy and lactation:
Safety for use in pregnancy has not been reported