List of Related Indications:
- Renal hypertension
List Of Drugs:
- Reserpine + dihydrallazine+Hydrochlotothiazide @
Indication Type Description:
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc
Hypotensive effects enhanced by thiazide diuretics and other antihypertensives may cause excitation & HTN with MAOIs .
May cause cardiac arrhythmias with digitalis or quinidine. Effects of CNS depressants may be enhanced May decrease patients response to levodopa
Reserpine- Nasal congestion, headache, CNS disorders, GI disturbances Breast engorgement Galactorrhoea Gynaecomastia Decreased libido Impotence Na retention, decreased/increased appetite Weight gain, Miosis Dry mouth, sialorrhoea Dysuria, rashes, pruritus, thrombocytopaenic purpura
Reserpine- Active peptic ulcer or ulcerative colitis Depression Parkinsons disease Pheochromocytoma Electrconvulsive threrapy ECT
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc:
Adult - 500mcg daily for about weeks subsequently reduced to lowest dose necessary to maintain response Maintenance 100 to 250mcg daily. Maximum dose - 500mcg daily
RESERPINE + DIHYDRALAZINE + HYDRCHLORTHIAZIDE
1.Allergy- Tell your doctor if you ever had any allergic reaction to hydrolazine, sulfonamide, thiazide or rauwolfia alkaloids. Also tell your doctor if you are allergic to to any other substances such as foods preservatives etc.
2. Pregnancy- Too much reserpine and hydrochlorthiazide during pregnancy may cause during pregnancy may cause unwanted effects (jaundice, bloodproblems , low potassium, difficult breathing, low temperatures, loss of appetite) in the baby. Studies have not been don in humans. However studies in rabbits causes birth defects. You must discuss this with yourdoctor before taking this medicine.
3. Breast feeding- Reserpine passes into breast milk and may cause unwanted effects( difficult breathing , low temperature, loss of appetite) in infants of mothers taking large doses of it. Be sure that you have discussed this with your doctor before taking this medicine.
4. Children- No specific information comparinguse of this medicine ichildren withuse in other age groups.This medicine not expected to cause different problems in children than it does in adults.
5. Older adults- No specific information comparing use of reserpine or combinations in the elderly with other age groups. However, drowsiness, dizziness, or fainting or symptoms of too much potassium loss may be more likely to occur in the elderly.
6.Other medicines- Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially- Cholestyramie or Colestipol - use with thiazide diuretics may prevent the diuretic from wrking properly, take the diuretic at least 1 hour before or 4 hours after cholesyramine or colestipol Diazxide - effect blood pressure may be increased Digitalis glycosides - hydrochlorthiazide may cause low potassium i the blood which can lead to symptoms of digitalis toxicity Lithium -risk of lithium overdose even at usual dose may be increased MAO inhibitors- taking a rauwolfia alkaloid while you are taking or within 2 weeks of taking MAOI may increase risk of central nervous system depresson or may cause a severe high blood pressur reaction
7. Other medical problems- Tell your doctor if you are having other medical problems- especially Allergies or other breathing problems such as asthma - reserpine can cause breathing problems Diabetes mellitus - hydrochlorthiazide may change thevamoutof diabetes medicine needed Epilepsy Gallstones or Stomach Ulcer or Ulcerative colitis - reserpine increases activity of the stomach which may make the condition worse Gout - hydrochlorthiazide may increase the amount of uric acid in the blood which can lead to gout Heart disease- reserpine can cause heart rhythm problems or slow heart beat. Lowering blood pressure may worsen some conditions. Kidney disease - some patients may not do well when blood pressure is lowered by this medicine. Effects of hydralazine may be increased because of slower removal from the body. If kidney disease is severe hydrochlorthiazide may notwork. Liver disease- if hydrochlothiazide cause loss of too much water from the body, liver disease can become much worse Lupus erythematosus - hydrochlorthiazde may worsen the condition Mental depression- reserpine caues mental depression Pancreatitis Parkinsons disease - reserpine cancause parkisonism like effects. Pheochromocytoma- Stroke - lowering of blood pressure may make problems resulting from this condition worse
8. Dosing- Follow doctors instructions
9. Missed dose- If you miss a dose of this medicine take it as soon as possible. However if it is almost time for your next dose go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
10. Storage- Keep the medicines out of reach of children Store the medicines away heat and direct light Do not store tablets or capsules in the bath room, in damp places near the kitchen sink Heat and dampness will cause the medicines to break down Keep the medicine from freezing